9941 East Stockton Blvd., Elk Grove, CA 95624
The Elk Grove Historical Society is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization whose volunteers operate the historical museum and grounds that comprise Elk Grove Heritage Park located in the northwest corner of the larger Elk Grove Regional Park. It currently houses two buildings open to visitors: the reconstructed 1850 stage stop now called the Elk Grove House & Stage Stop Museum and the original San Joaquin Township Justice Court building, the original jail and courthouse that served Elk Grove and San Joaquin Township until the mid 1900s. Also on the grounds of Heritage Park are the 1853 Foulks House, the oldest remaining residence in Elk Grove, and the 1884 Reese School, one of the last one-room schools in our area. Restoration of the Foulks has begun and restoration of the Reese School is set to begin. The haunted house event will be restricted to the museum building and surrounding grounds.