Want to see what your neighborhood artists are creating? This is a walkable or bikeable event in which five artists will welcome you to their studios as part of the Verge Center for the Arts Sac Open Studios Tour:
– Raffa Chavez (4248 24th St., Unit B) Raffa explores his Mexican-American bicultural experience through his colorful paintings on unusual and weathered metal surfaces.
– Erik Niemann (at 4311 Attawa Ave., Ste 206) His abstract paintings draw upon his architectural background; dynamic and quiet elements mix, mingle, disappear, and reappear.
– Maria Morris (3600 24th St.) Her one-of-a-kind Santa figurines and stylishly spooky Halloween hats are unique.
– Heather Hogan (3027 Montgomery Wy.) Heather is excited to open her studio again this year for an art party. She will be printing garments all day and guests may bring a garment and have it printed for $10.
– Judith Johnson (2183 Weller Wy.) Her paintings and Prismacolor drawings celebrate the mundane and the mysterious in vibrant color.
Pick up a map at any of the artists’ studios. Receive a stamp from each artist for the opportunity to win a basketful of artwork, gift certificates, beer, and cider from neighborhood businesses.